FSB Enterprises Ltd is able to provide a high quality, rapid turn round service of transcribing written documents into any of the most recognised alternative forms such as Braille, Tactile Diagrams, Large Print, Audio, DAISY.
We can work from an original paper document or from an electronic format.
Additionally a free, direct distribution of these items can be arranged for regular publications. In all cases complete Confidentiality is guaranteed
We provide FREE quotes and are happy to discuss your requirements.
- An international format for people to read through touch.
- Braille can be produced through our embosser, done on plastic sheets, or created using special microcapsule paper that 'swells' up wherever ink is printed. These methods produce Braille with slightly different tactile results, each being best suited to certain types of information.
- Both Grade 1 and Grade 2 Braille are available.
- Our specialists are trained to re-design visual graphics into a form that is easier to read by touch.
- Tactile versions of visual graphic information are especially useful for interpreting illustrations, diagrams and maps.
- Lines may vary in thickness and pattern and key descriptions can be in either large print or Braille. Audio descriptions can support particularly complex tactile diagrams.
- A format of increased text sizes, line spacing and adapted page-layout to aid low vision readers.
Digital Accessible Information System (Daisy)
- Recordings of written text are made by clear speakers and supplied on 90 minute tape cassette or 80 minute compact disk (CD).
- Descriptions of tables, diagrams and photos are included.
- MP3 recordings are also available.
- Daisy text can be recorded on up to six heading levels which enables the reader to navigate through the recording by section, sub-section, chapter and pages, depending on how the document has been structured.
- Daisy can be played on a standalone Daisy player, or by using Daisy software player on a computer.
- Information videos with the option of audio and subtitles specifically for British Sign Language (BSL) users