Information on what services we provide to our clients
The team provide a range of services to individuals, making life with sight loss easier. We help people retain their independence by:
- Visiting people in their own homes to offer advice and support and co-ordinate specialist statutory services.
- Training people in independent travel skills.
- Helping individuals to maximise reading and writing skills using new equipment and technology.
- Helping people cope with everyday tasks such as cooking, housework and beauty care.
- Providing access to social activities including self help groups and holiday opportunities.
- Demonstration and access to a wide range of resources and equipment.
- Working in partnership with NHS Low Vision Services and Ophthalmology.
- Producing reading material in large print, CD/tape and Braille.
- Facilitating access to talking books, newspapers and more specialised publications.
- strive to treat people as individuals and aim to seek solutions and provide assistance that is appropriate for each individual.
To talk with a member of our team:
We are available Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
A duty worker is available for telephone or 'drop in' service to offer advice and information on:
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9.00am to 12.00noon
To request more information on the activities of the team, please Contact Us